- This event has passed.
Mass Gathering Medicine Summit (MGMS)
February 10, 2017 - February 11, 2017
The 2017 Mass Gathering Medicine Summit will be held February 10-11, 2017 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The annual Mass-Gathering Medicine Summit provides the only annual conference and symposium for mass-gathering medical professionals to network, learn from one another, establish partnerships, and understand the latest trends in medicine.
The event includes scores of keynote presentations, informative panel discussions, breakout sessions, social activities, and more. Highlighted topics include:
- Creative Techniques for Disease Surveillance and Mass Gathering Planning
- Promoting Research, Education, and Training in Mass Gathering Medicine
- When Your Gathering Becomes a National Special Security Event
- The Evolving Disciplines of Special Event & Mass Gathering Medicine
- Preperation and Utilization of Air Medical Resources at Major Events
- Military Decision Making for Civilian Mass Gathering Events
- Developments in the Medical-Legal Aspects of Mass Gathering Events
- Effective Methods to Mitigate Risks at Festivals
- Bleeding Control Tactics for the Streets, the Stands, and the Stage
- The Hajj Challenge: Finding Strategic Solutions for the World’s Largest Mass Gathering
- The Insider Threat and Implications for Mass Gathering Medicine
- Emergency Physician Experiences at Two Large Outdoor Music Festivals
- Law Enforcement and Public Interface at Mass Gatherings
- The Key Role of Choreography & Table Top Exercises for Medical Teams
- Malignant Hyperthermia and Dantrolene at Major Festivals
- Sports Medicine and Injury Considerations at Live Events
- Gillette: From the Patriots to Taylor Swift, the Stadium Medical Care Experience
Please visit the Mass Gathering Medicine Summit website for more information and to register.