- This event has passed.
Insider Threat Summit 2017
The Defense Strategies Institute’s Insider Threat Summit 2017 will take place April 4, 2017 in Alexandria, VA.
The DSI one day Insider Threat Summit is designed as an educational and training “Town Hall” forum, where thought leaders and key policy-makers across DHS, DoD, IC, Federal and State Agencies, Industry and Academia can come together for actionable discussions and debate.
This event focuses on policy, operations, and technology designed to detect and defend against insider threat. Presentations from IC Agencies, NCSC and industry leaders are also on the agenda.
Insider threat represents perhaps the most complex threat that Government Agencies face. National Security Agencies are effective at limiting threats during the hiring process through extensive background checks and evaluation of lifestyle. Following successful screening, employees are granted a level of trust and access.
Circumstances that lead to insider misconduct can often be very personal and difficult for an agency to detect. Very few applicants for National Security positions begin with an intent to do harm to the organization. This makes it nearly impossible to identify who might become a threat to the agency in the future. Most cases of insider misconduct happen long after the initial hire date.
This event will aims to provide best practices, policies, and technology to improve the US Government’s ability to prevent and mitigate insider threat.
Highlighted topics include:
- Building and Ensuring a Trusted Workforce
- Leveraging Technology and Advanced Computing to Detect Behavior Anomalies before a Malicious Act Occurs
- Implementing an Insider Threat Program
- Monitoring Employee Behavior to Identify Early Indicators of Possible Insider Threats
- Hardening JIE Against Insider Threats
- Balancing Civil Rights with the Need for Organizational Security
- Mitigating the Effects of a Malicious Event
Please visit the Insider Threat Summit 2017 website for registration and more information.