DTRA CBD S&T 2019 – Chemical and Biological Defense
November 18 - November 21
The 2019 CBD S&T Conference, the Chemical and Biological Defense Science & Technology meeting hosted every other year by the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, will take place this fall from 18-21 November 2019 in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Join more than 1500 researchers and stakeholders in chemical and biological defense. Attendees can learn about DTRA’s current and upcoming research opportunities for small and large businesses, academia and national laboratories directly from science and technology managers, small business contracting representatives, contracting officers and program managers.
Highlighted session topics include:
- Chem Bio Recon and Remote Sensing Technologies
- Leave-And-Forget Sensors, Leave-No-Trace Sensor Capabilities
- Advances in Chemical Plume Characterization Technologies in Large-Scale Releases
- Chemical Agents in Complex Operating Environments
- Multifunctional Materials for All Hazards, Individual or Collective Protection Air Filtration Enhancements
- New Methods For Modeling Emerging Threat Agents, Dissemination Devices and CWMD Scenario Development
- Decreasing Thermal Burden
- Development of Pain-Free Microneedles and Wearable Biosensor Devices
- Emerging Hazard Prediction Techniques (e.g. Graphical Processing Unit Applications, Neural Networks, Machine Learning)
- Leveraging Platform Technologies to Accelerate Fielding of Toxin Medical Countermeasures to the Warfighter.
- Source Term Estimation, Sensor Modeling, and New Meteorological Forecasting/Now-Casting Capabilities
- Toxicological Assessments of Aerosol Exposures to Biotoxins
- Feasibility and Utility of Toxidrome-Based Medical Countermeasures
- Development/Adaptation of New and Existing Tactical Apps/Plug-Ins to Integrate with Nett Warrior, TSOA, CBRN IS, ATAK, WinTAK, and WebTAK
- Exploring Augmented Reality to Provide Chemical and Biological Threat Situational Awareness in Head-Mounted Visual Displays
- Improved Coatings, Including Bio-Inspired Coatings, That Reduce Agent Retention to Facilitate Decontamination
- Tactical Warning and Reporting Tools
Please visit the CBD S&T Conference website to view the full agenda and register. The registration deadline is 1 Nov 2019.