- This event has passed.
SOFWERX Autonomous Interoperability Standards Development Event
December 7, 2021 - December 9, 2021
The Autonomous Interoperability Standards Development Event will take place 7-9 December 2021.
The event is hosted by SOFWERX, in collaboration with USSOCOM’s Directorate of Science and Technology (S&T) and Naval Special Warfare (NSW), and is open to U.S. Citizens only.
The event aims to bring together Special Operations Forces representatives and Subject Matter Experts to assist USSOCOM in discerning the future of Autonomous Interoperability for Unmanned Air, Ground, Surface, and Underwater Systems (UxS).
Focus areas will include but are not limited to sensors, communications, and platforms.
Interoperability has been a long-standing goal for autonomous systems, and we recognize that there have been several past and current efforts in Government and Industry to achieve this goal. One of the objectives of this Autonomous Interoperability Event is to identify current and future initiatives related to interoperability, and to make connections with the people and organizations involved in these efforts. By sharing our knowledge and efforts, we can reduce duplicated effort and increase efficiency, and enable USSOCOM S&T and our partners at SOFWERX and NSW to get closer to our vision of functional autonomous interoperability for SOF missions.
Phase 1 – 15 October 2021 to 29 October 2021 Submissions Open: UxS and MUM-T Subject Matter Experts and visionaries from Industry, Academia, and National Labs request to attend the Autonomous Interoperability Standards Development Event by submitting a CV below (NLT 29 October).
Phase 2 – 30 October 2021 to 04 November 2021 SME Downselect: The S&T Directorate Futures Team and NSW will downselect participants to attend the Autonomous Interoperability Standards Development Event. Selected participants will be notified via e-mail o/a 12 November.
Phase 3 – 07 December 2021 to 09 December 2021 Autonomous Interoperability Standards Development Event: During the event, selected participants will collaborate and ideate with fellow SMEs, the S&T Directorate Futures Team, NSW, and SOF Operators on the concept areas above. Selectees should plan for workdays from 0800-1700 ET.
Phase 4 – Path Forward: Successfully negotiated awards may fall under any combination of these categories:
- Other Transaction Agreements under 10 U.S. Code, Section 2371 or 2371b* (prototyping/production follow-on)
- Procurement contract for experimental purposes 10 U. S. Code, Section 2373
Business to business research and development agreement as a sub-award (15 U.S. Code, Section 3715)
- Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (15 U.S. Code, Section 3710a)
- *An award under 10 U. S. Code, Section 2371b may result in the further award of a follow-on production agreement without additional competition based on successful prototype completion. The Government may make this follow-on production award even if all successful prototype criteria are not fully met during the prototype project.
How You Can Participate
Industry, Academia, and National Labs (U.S. Citizens Only)
- Request to Attend as a SME: Click Here to Request to Attend (NLT 29 October)
Please visit the SOFWERX website for more information.