Joint Project Manager Guardian (JPM Guardian)Joint Project Manager Guardian (JPM Guardian)JPEO-CBD
Aligned within the Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical and Biological Defense (JPEO-CBD), the mission of JPM Guardian is to develop, test, produce, field and sustain timely, affordable Joint Integrated Force Protection, CBRNE Analytics and Response Capabilities.
JPM Guardian is made up of three programs: Product Director Emergency Management Modernization Program (EM2P); Joint Product Manager CBRNE Analytics & Response Systems (CBRNE A&R); and the Product Director Force Protection Systems (FPS). Through these programs JPM Guardian:
- Provides 200 DoD Installations with an integrated CBRN protection and response capability to protect personnel, maintain critical military operations, and restore critical operations as quickly as possible.
- Serves as the centralized manager for equipping army installation support teams, army reserve recon/decon teams and the National Guard Civil Support Teams, including the Unified Command Suites (UCS).
- Provides affordable, modular and supportable tactical force protection capabilities to forward deployed forces while simultaneously providing state-of-the-art physical security equipment to Army installations worldwide.
A partial list of equipment solutions and programs under the Guardian purview include:
- Common Analytical Laboratory System (CALS)
- Transatlantic Collaborative Biological Resiliency Demonstration (TaCBRD)
- Transportable Communications Package ADVON
- Enhanced 911 (E911)
- Integrated Commercial Intrusion Detection System (ICIDS)
- Commercial Off the Shelf Life Cycle Management Program (COTS LCMP)
- Entry Control Point (ECP) /Non-Intrusive Inspection (NII)
- Austere Force Protection & Sensing
- Automatic Chemical Agent Detection and Alarm (ACADA)
- Automated Chem / Toxic Industrial Chemicals (TIC) Detection (ACADA 24/7)
- Improved Chemical Agent Monitor (ICAM) (Chem Survey Tool)
- Handheld Radiation Detection/Survey Unit (AN/PDR-77)
- Personal Radiation Monitoring Device (AN/UDR-14)
- Detection and Identification of TIC Vapors (Draeger Tubes)
- Solid /Liquid TIC Detectors
- Exploranium 980 Radiological Detection at Installation Gates
- Exploranium GR135 Handheld Radiological Identification Systems
- Protective Masks for Military as Required
- Protective Overgarments for Military Personnel as Required
- Joint Service Lightweight Integrated Suit Technology (JSLIST)
- Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR)
- Escape Hoods
- CBRN Filtration Systems (Hardware and Filters)
- Entry / Exit Vestibules
- Sealing of Building Leakage Points
- Medical Surveillance of Installation Population (ESSENCE IV)
- Chemical Pretreatments
- Nerve Agent Antidotes
- On-Base Mass Warning / Notification System
- Leverage Existing Local Area Networks
- Telecommunications (Cell Phones, Pagers, PDAs)
Editor’s Picks: Select articles and resources related to JPM Guardian. Links may lead to external sites.