Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical Biological Defense (JPEO-CBD)Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical Biological Defense (JPEO-CBD)CLOSED 2018 – REORGANIZED AS JPEO-CBRND
** ARCHIVE PROFILE. JPEO-CBD reorganized in 2018 as the Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear Defense (JPEO-CBRND). Please visit the new profile for the latest information. This listing will remain available for historical reference.
The Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical and Biological Defense (JPEO-CBD) is the US Department of Defense (DoD) point for research, development, acquisition, fielding and life-cycle support of biological, chemical and nuclear defense equipment and medical countermeasures to the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Special Operations Command.
The Joint Project Managers (JPMs) comprising JPEO-CBD include:
- JPM NBC Contamination Avoidance
- JPM Guardian
- JPM Information Systems
- JPM Protection
- JPM Medical Countermeasure Systems
Resources managed by JPEO-CBD include:
- Joint Acquisition CBRN Knowledge System (JACKS)
- Defense Biological Product Assurance Office (formerly Critical Reagents Program)
- JPEO-CBD Enterprise Fielding and Surveillance (JEFS)
- CBD Non-Standard Equipment Review Panel (NSERP)
JPEO-CBD relocated from Falls Church, VA to Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD in 2011. This acquisition organization has approximately 1,100 employees and assigned military personnel.
Editor’s Picks: Select articles related to JPEO-CBD. Links may lead to external sites.
- CBRNE Defense Systems, Equipment and Material JE-RDAP (Aug 2016)
- BAA for Next Generation Protective Clothing (Mar 2016)
- CBRN Contaminated Remains Transport Case (Jan 2016)
- Army Seeks Integrator for CBRN Joint Effects Model (Oct 2015)
- JCACS ATD – Joint CBRNE Advanced Capability Sets (Aug 2015)
- Battelle CBRN Experts in 8th Year of Logistical Support to DoD (Feb 2015)
- Notable Contracts: Battelle Support to JPEO-CBD (Dec 2014)
- Joint Biological Tactical Detection System Market Survey (Nov 2014)
- JUPITR Biosurveillance Program Takes Shape on Korean Peninsula (Mar 2014)
- DoD Improvements to Medical Countermeasure Acquisitions (Mar 2014)
- DoD Activates New JPM for Medical Countermeasure Systems (Jun 2013)
- Marburg Drug Shows Promise for Intramuscular Delivery (Mar 2013)
- Advancing Biodosimetry for Radiation Exposure Triage and Treatment (Mar 2013)
- DoD Critical Reagents Improved by DARPA Antibody Program (Feb 2013)
- MRIGlobal Wins CBRN Mobile Lab Contract (Mar 2012)
- JPM NBC Contamination Avoidance Market Survey (Feb 2012)
- First Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical and Biological Defense (Apr 2003)