Center for Domestic PreparednessCenter for Domestic PreparednessFederal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
The Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP) in Anniston, Ala., trains thousands of first responders for chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear or explosive (CBRNE) incidents and other disasters.
Established in 1998, CDP is the only federally chartered Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) training center in the United States and is part of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) , Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
Resident and nonresident training courses are available in diverse responder disciplines including:
- Emergency Management
- Emergency Medical Services
- Fire Service
- Governmental Administrative
- Hazardous Materials
- Law Enforcement
- Public Health
- Public Safety Communications
- Public Works
CDP operated the Chemical, Ordnance, Biological and Radiological Training Facility (COBRATF), providing hands-on training to enable responders to effectively respond to real-world incidents involving CBRNe or other hazardous materials.
The Noble Training Facility (NTF), adjacent to and part of the CDP, is the only hospital facility in the United States dedicated solely to training hospital and healthcare professionals in disaster preparedness and response.
The CDP’s Advanced Responder Training Complex (ARTC) offers a cross-section of realistic training environments to enhance responder training.
Editor’s Picks: Articles related to the Center for Domestic Preparedness. Links may lead to external sites.
- Training Support Services Request for Proposal (Aug 2018)
- CDP’s new Operations-Level HAZMAT Course Can Help Responders Save Lives (Aug 2016)
- CDP Teams Up with the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (Jul 2016)
- FirstNet Staff attends training at Center for Domestic Preparedness (Feb 2016)
- CBRNE Big Picture: Radiological Emergency Preparedness (Nov 2014)
- Patient Identification Technology Introduced At CDP (Sep 2014)
- RFI – Center for Domestic Preparedness COBRATF (Jul 2014)
- Homeland Response Force, National Guard Prepares to Support State (Jul 2014)
- Las Vegas Metro PD Learns Extrication Tactics (Apr 2014)
- VA Medical Centers Demonstrate Disaster Response at CDP (Apr 2014)
- CDP Hosts United Kingdom’s National Ambulance Resilience Unit (Mar 2014)
61 Responder Drive Anniston AL 36205 United States