Website Summit Exercises and Training LLC
A Preparedness Solutions Company
Site Managers for Mobile Deployment Detection Units (MDDUs)
SummitET™, a preparedness solutions company, helps prepare and build capability of government, non-government organizations, and the private sector to protect, prevent, respond to, mitigate, and recover from all-hazard threats. We achieve this by using industry-leading experts that deliver cutting-edge tailored solutions, and proactively adopting new approaches to stay ahead of the ever-changing threat environment. Our team members harness knowledge gained from extensive academic and applied experience and apply it to the design and development of customized preparedness solutions to build organizational resilience or otherwise meet our clients’ specific needs. Key to our success is providing our clients the highest level of customer service through program quality assurance. SummitET is connecting people with questions to the experts with answers to achieve mission-driven results.
SummitET is seeking full-time on-site Site Managers for Mobile Deployment Detection Unit (MDDU) support with an emphasis on radiological/nuclear detection instrumentation. MDDUs are surge assets designed to supplement Federal and State partners’ and first responders’ existing CBRN detection and reporting capabilities in support of national and other special security events. Deployment without advance notification may be required. These positions are contingent on award of the contract and based in the following areas:
• Port of Portland, OR
• Indianapolis, IN
Duties will include but are not limited to the following.
• Initiate, organize and report on all MDDU program planning and management taskings.
• Coordinate, initiate and track the progress of deployments of the assigned MDDU(s) or equipment.
• Ensuring MDDU equipment is repaired, calibrated, and maintained in a ready state for deployment 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
• Provide coverage during standard and non-standard hours of business to include weekends and Holidays when necessary.
• Provide just-in-time training on MDDU deployed equipment, as needed, to stakeholders at MDDU events.
• Ensure completion of After-Action Reports (AAR) at the conclusion of MDDU deployments.
• Assist with scheduling of MDDU off-site part-time staff to support surge deployments.
• Provide status updates to the DHS CWMD MDDU PM.
Travel is not anticipated to exceed 50% per month; however, personnel must be able to travel within the contiguous United States and US territories up to 75% per month to support program needs.
• Experienced in chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) detection with emphasis on R/N detection.
• 10 years relevant experience in R/N detection training and supporting preventive R/N detection mission operations at special events or during steady state operations where R/N detection is regularly employed. Event support can also include but not limited to demonstrations, training, and exercises at Department of Homeland Security Special Event Assessment Rated (SEAR) Events or National Security Special Events (NSSE).
• Knowledgeable in using the following the equipment: Personal Radiation Detectors (PRD) (Spectroscopic/Non-Spectroscopic); Human Portable Radiation Detection Backpacks; Radiological Isotope Identification Device (RIID) (High-Res/Low-Res); Mobile Radiation Detection Systems. Auxiliary Equipment: Radios, Radioactive Material Sources.
• This position requires a Secret clearance and DHS Suitability.
• Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds of equipment.
• Excellent verbal and communications skills to include completing daily situation reports, after-action reports, monthly report.
• Proficient in the use of computers, A/V equipment, Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Must have valid driver’s license.
• At least one year of supervisory/management experience.
• Prior training per 49 CFR 172.704 (HAZMAT Training) is highly desired, but not required for initial hire.
• Experience with biological and/or chemical detection experience and equipment is highly desired, but not required for initial hire.
• Radiation Worker training and experience working with radioactive materials.
• Experience driving a dually pick-up truck with fifth wheel trailer desired, but not required for initial hire.
• Experience with DHS CWMD Fleet requirements desired, but not required for initial hire.
Interested candidates should apply at summitet.bamboohr.com/jobs
[Summit Exercises and Training is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify]