U.S. Army North Civil Support Training Activity
U.S. Army North’s Civil Support Training Activity, trains and evaluates forces designed to respond to (CBRNE) incidents in the U.S. Northern Command (USNORTHCOM) area of responsibility.
This position serves as a senior Observer Controller/Trainer during training and evaluation of Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Response Enterprise units and as the safety officer during WMD response exercises maintaining a high level of control in what could be life-threatening situations.
Serves as an Evaluation Analyst to train and evaluate survey and reconnaissance teams’ ability to support civil authorities in a CBRN event.
- Perform Training Proficiency Evaluations (TPEs) of the CRE elements? ability to safely implement, operate, and troubleshoot all assigned equipment for successful employment of equipment.
- Conduct survey/reconnaissance hot zone entries, CBRN detection and monitoring, and sample collection/identification in support of civil authorities.
- Conduct diagnostic analysis and identify required resources and training aids required to setup the environmental conditions that are appropriate for the training venues being assessed.
- Ensure exercise training and feedback reflects capabilities and employment operations of military chemical monitoring equipment, chemical detection equipment.
- Serve as a consultant to the Joint Task Force Commander (JTF) on CBRNE and WMD issues and incidents that involve CRE elements.
50% or less – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be able to obtain/hold a Secret security clearance.
- Travel requirement for this position is at least 50%.
- Participation in the DOD/DA Immunization program to include live vaccinations as required by DOD/DA policy.
- Must be able to wear other personal protective equipment (PPE) or clothing such as boots, goggles, gloves, chemical mask and other safety equipment as required.
- As a pre-condition of employment, any and all incumbents of this position must pass a physical examination.
- Will be required to deploy within the NORTHCOM AOR on short notice (in under 24 hours) by multiple means of ground and air transportation, as directed by the Secretary of Defense.
- Incumbent will be expected to function in adverse climatic conditions and under intense physical and mental stress.
Eligibility: This job is open to Career transition (CTAP,. ICTAP, RPL) federal employees; Competitive service employees, Military Spouses, Veterans, certain current, former or temporary federal employees of a land or base management agency.