Website Argonne National Laboratory
- Provide technical and policy expertise to Division programs in areas related nuclear security and nonproliferation of nuclear-related technologies
- Prepare and contribute to technical analyses and reports on technologies and activities of proliferation and security concern such as proliferation potential of nuclear fuel cycle facilities and international transfers of certain materials, equipment, and technologies
- Provide project management and contribute technical expertise through support for programs and projects associated with WMD nonproliferation and act as principal investigator for selected projects
- Develop and apply analytical approaches, compile results, prepare reports, publications and documentation that evaluate national security implications of WMD and emerging technologies
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE OR EQUIVALENT COMBINATIONS FOR INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTORS:
LEVEL 1-Bachelor’s & 0 yrs or Master’s & 0 yrs
LEVEL 2-Bachelor’s & 5+ yrs, Master’s & 3+ yrs or Doctorate & 0 yrs
Interested candidates must have a solid technical background in a relevant field and a strong desire to apply that background to nonproliferation and national security policy support
- Knowledge of science and engineering principles associated with the nuclear fuel cycle, radiation detection, or another WMD-related technical area such as nuclear engineering, chemical engineering, chemistry, biology and/or physics
- Oral/written communications skills in a scientific and engineering field relevant to WMD nonproliferation as demonstrated by presentation, published articles or project reports
- Interested candidates must have a solid technical background in a relevant field and a strong desire to apply that background to nonproliferation and national security policy support
- Skill and experience in maintaining professional working relationships with government sponsors and other members of the scientific and engineering communities.
- Skill in organizational and time management.
- Knowledge of U.S. WMD nonproliferation objectives and experience in nonproliferation activities.
- Familiarity with U.S. and international export control policies and regimes, and their relationship to proliferation-sensitive technologies.
Selected candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance and must be a U.S. citizen. Please see http://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm for more information about requirements for obtaining a security clearance process.
To apply please visit the Argonne Careers page and search Requisition Number: 406510
To apply for this job please visit www.anl.gov.