Website Booz Allen Hamilton
Help identify Navy base and recovery ship hazardous Material (HAZMAT) countermeasures, personal protective equipment, and personnel training necessary for mission unique hazards associated with recovery operations at-sea and post-flight crew module processing. Craft and facilitate training by providing planning assistance for incident command, fire and HAZMAT actions during astronaut rescue and medical evacuations. Advise on utilization and deployment of rescue forces for training and operations. Help identify asset and personnel training shortfalls and develop mitigation strategies. Provide command and control recommendations and planning capability for external rescue agencies during any crewed Orion or CCP contingency operations. This position requires the ability to travel, as needed.
- 8+ years of experience working with HAZMAT incident command, aircraft egress and occupational health and safety assessments and implementation
- Experience with the development and management of training programs
- Ability and willingness to travel, as needed
- Active Secret clearance
- HS diploma or GED
- DoD HAZMAT Incident Command certification
- Fire Officer II and III certification
- Fire Instructor III certification
- Airport Fire Fighter certification
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and present to technical and non-technical audiences at multiple levels
- Ability to display computer proficiency
- BA or BS degree
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.