Website SGI Global
SGI Global is seeking a CWMD Watch Training Specialist to support the Department of Homeland Security, The Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction Office (CWMD) and Watch Operations. The CWMD watch will coordinate, share, and perform analysis on relevant operational information related to chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, (CBRN) and medical events or incidents worldwide that consist of potential CBRN agents, counter proliferation of CBRN and CBRN dual use material, terrorism related to the use, theft, and illegal possession of CBRN material, and provide alert and notification of CWMD incidents.
- The Training Specialist shall be responsible for training and certifying all vendor Watch Officer personnel, the Technical Editor, and the Site Lead as they onboard.
- The Training Specialist shall be responsible for maintaining and sustaining the CWMD Watch training plan including updating new tasks as they are developed within CWMD, developing curriculum for new tasks and scheduling the training of the new tasks.
- The Training Specialist shall develop a reinforcement training plan. Reinforcement training shall cover all watch tasks over specified period (i.e. 3 months) to ensure proficiency. This period can also be utilized over time to rectify personnel annually.
- The Training Specialist shall perform remedial training with watch officers who display difficulty with performing specific tasks or perform tasks incorrectly.
- The Training Specialist shall take direction from the Site Lead and/or the Federal Team Lead in the course of their duties.
- The Training Specialist shall work with the Site Lead and Federal Team Lead to provide feedback on personnel who cannot perform tasks to standard by delineating the specified task or tasks, what the failure consisted of, and corrective actions taken to retrain the watch officer on the failed tasks.
- It is expected that the training specialist shall be able to perform duties both at the CWMD Watch desk within the National Operations Center and within the CWMD Operations section where a mock Ops center will be available to train off shift personnel.
- The Training Specialist shall be available to perform watch officer duties up to 50% of their allotted hours to facilitate onsite training of uncertified personnel.
- The Training Specialist shall be responsible for developing and updating training curriculum.
- Bachelors’ degree and 4+ years’ related experience ie. training specialist for the Center for Disaster Preparedness or as a Military Instructor.
- Must have the ability to obtain DHS Suitability and must possess a TS/SCI clearance
To apply for this job please visit sgiglobal.applicantpro.com.