Website Ukpeaġvik Iñupiat Corporation (UIC)
Bowhead is seeking a CBRN Strategic Planner in support of the Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA).
The Strategic Planner will provide strategic and operational planning subject matter expertise for areas including but not limited to evaluation of PFPA-CBRN programs for maximum operational proficiency, capability and efficiency; strategic planning for development and/or leveraging of new or existing CBRN technology within commercial market or the Federal Government enterprise to enhance current detection capabilities; developing program plans and documents for any additional responsibilities that fall under the Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Protection Division.
The Strategic Planner will also provide technical subject matter expertise for bio-threat detection and laboratory operations and perform scientific literature searches and reviews for biological threat detection and related areas. The Scientist will research, evaluate and identify commercial off the shelf products for new laboratory instrumentation, methodologies and laboratory software applications.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Perform scientific literature searches and reviews for current and emerging CBRN threats and threat detection and related areas.
• Conduct technology assessments of current and newly emerging technologies as related to program objectives.
• Research, evaluate and identify commercial off the shelf products for new laboratory instrumentation, methodologies and laboratory software applications.
• Provide expert technical subject matter expertise for bio-threat detection and laboratory operations, detection, and related areas.
• Support and Develop training, operational and procedural materials and conduct training as necessary to support implementation of CONOPS for new and existing CPD detection and mitigation systems.
Minimum Experience and Education Requirements:
• 10+ years in biological threat laboratory experience including concept of operation design and review, quality management, method validation and testing and evaluation of technology for molecular biological, microbiological, and immunochemical analysis.
• Post-Baccalaureate degree in Biology, Chemistry, or a related discipline
• Experience conducting scientific literature searches related to new CBRN technology, emerging biological threats and advances in biological threat agent detection methods.
• Experience compiling scientific literature to develop resource documents and operational instructions. Perform scientific literature searches and reviews for current and emerging CBRN threats and threat detection and related areas.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to maintain a security clearance at the Top Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for a Top Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
Ukpeaġvik Iñupiat Corporation (UIC) is one of Alaska’s largest companies and is headquartered in Barrow, Alaska – the northernmost point in America. As an Alaska Native Corporation, UIC provides social and economic resources to over 2,900 Iñupiat shareholders and their descendants.
UIC’s core business practice commitments are Safety, Quality, Business Ethics, and Shareholder Development and Value.
CBRN Strategic Planner (PFPA-19-0729-F)
To apply for this job please visit rn21.ultipro.com.